2.4.09

Rules

I found some nice songs to introduce rules to your class:

I am in school to learn.

I will follow the directions of my teachers.
I will not say unkind things to others.

I will report problems to the teachers.
I will try my very best.
I am in school to learn.

We raise our hands to speak.
We work quietly at our seats.
We use voices soft and sweet.

We keeps our places tidy and neat.

We are helpful, friendly, and fair.

We take turns and willingly share.

I make mistakes so I can learn.
I learn so I can succeed.

I succeed so I can help others.

I pledge to show my respect
by listening to others,
using my hands for helping,
caring about others feelings,
and being responsible for what I say and do.


My Promise
Each day I'll do my best,
And I won't do any less.
My work will always please me,
And I won't accept a mess.
I'll colour very carefully,
My writing will be neat.
And I simply won't be happy
'Til my papers are complete.
I'll always do my homework,
And I'll try on evey test.
And I won't forget my promise --
To do my very best!
A Circle of Friends
We've joined together as classmates
as the new year begins...

A year full of learning
while we become friends.

We'll share and be kind
as we work and play.

And our friendship will grow
with each passing day.

I am wonderful.
I am good at learning.

And I like to learn.


Class Promise
Today is a new day!
I will act in a safe and healthy way.

I will respect the rights of others.
I will treat all property with respect.
I will take responsibility for my learning.

Today I will be the best me I can be!


My School Pledge
I pledge today to do my best
in reading math and all the rest.
I promise to obey the rules,
in my class and in our school.
I'll respect myself and others too,
I'll expect the best in all I do,
I am hear to learn all I can,
To try my best and be all I am.


Important Rules
(to the tune of "Twinkle, Twinkle")
Here are some rules for you and me,
See how important they can be.

Always be honest, be kind and fair,

Always be good and willing to share.

These are rules we all should know,

We follow these rules wherever we go.



Personally I chose 5 simple sentences, so they could easily understand them.
I made a booklet of 5 sheets, one rule for each paper and then I introduced it to them saying it was a contract. We all signed it on the cover.

When they start behaving bad I take the booklet out. 
They usually recognized it and turn quiet, if not the bad kids loose points.

Kids with the lower score have to prepare the snack for the class and bring it the last day of the current month.


Think about our class as a little society: the one who misbehaves is really negatively influencing the development of it. Therefore he will have to do something positive for the whole little community.


A video:
CHILDREN SEE, CHILDREN DO





No comments:

Post a Comment