9.2.09

Numbers and balls

This morning my students had a review of numbers.
I brought a yellow ball in class, I moved all the desks to create a space where they could stay in a circle and I threw the ball to one of them shouting 3!!!
The first part of the game was quite simple, they have to throw the ball to a classmate shouting the numbers in ascending order.

When they got bored I complicated the game in many different ways:

Tell the numbers in a descending order
or
Add 2 (or 3, 4, 5...) to the number you've just said trowing the ball
or
Subtract 2 (or 3, 4, 5...)
or
Don't say the numbers that contain 3 or 4 or 5 etc...

The game is quite useful because apart from using numbers, they'll improve their knowledge of multiplication table and mathematical calculations as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment