3.9.26

BACK TO SCHOOL: LET'S GET TALKING! ๐ŸŽ’❤️

The first week of school is the perfect time to get children moving, playing and, most importantly, talking in English!

After the summer break, I like starting with simple activities that help children feel comfortable, have fun and get to know each other. One of my favourite topics is LIKES AND DISLIKES.

๐Ÿƒ I LIKE IT!

Many years ago, I shared a simple game called I LIKE IT! on this blog. The idea is very easy. Put a happy face ๐Ÿ™‚ on one wall and a sad face ๐Ÿ™ on the opposite wall. Children stand in the middle.

Show them a flashcard and say: "I like strawberries!" They will run to the happy face.

Then say: "I don't like strawberries!" They will run to the sad face!

It's a fun way to practise I like / I don't like while getting everyone moving. And you can use it with lots of different vocabulary: food, animals, hobbies, sports and more.

๐Ÿ’ฌ FROM PLAYING TO SPEAKING

This year, I wanted to take the idea a little further. I've created a new set of worksheets and speaking activities to help children practise:

I like... / I don't like...
He/She likes... / He/She doesn't like...
Do you like...?
Does he/she like...?

The activities start with characters and guided practice and gradually move towards pair work, group speaking and personalisation.

Children can talk about things they know and love: ๐ŸŽ food, ๐ŸŽฎ playing, ๐Ÿ“š books and subjects, ๐Ÿถ animals, ๐ŸŽต music, ๐ŸŽจ hobbies, ๐ŸŽฌ films, ๐Ÿ“บ TV programmes, ๐ŸŒ places and more.


๐Ÿ‘ฏ LET'S TALK ABOUT US!

The best part is giving children the opportunity to ask their classmates:
"Do you like...?"
and discover what they have in common. Because the first week of school isn't only about revising English. It's about building relationships, creating a positive classroom atmosphere and making children want to communicateSo let's start the school year with some movement, some fun and lots of questions!

DO YOU LIKE...? ❤️You can find the complete Likes & Doesn't Like resource in my Payhip shop. 

Take a look at the Free samples here

Have fun and have a wonderful first week back!




No comments:

Post a Comment